The Young Carers Project
The Young Carers Project is a free, friendly and professional service, offering support to young people who are caring for a parent or sibling. If you are aged 7-25 and caring for someone with a physical disability, mental health issue, long-term illness or learning difficulty, then our service is here to support you.
The Young Carers Project offer a wide range of activities to support young carers, including:
- TRIPS AND ACTIVITIES – we organise all sorts of activities for all ages during the holidays, to help you take a break, have fun and meet other young carers.
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT & COUNSELLING – offering one to one emotional support, confidential counselling sessions and support from our mental health worker to help with any issues young carers are facing.
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT – providing support around any issue to do with school, college or training. We also run a weekly Learning Support Club.
- FAMILY SUPPORT – giving support to parents where appropriate.
- MONTHLY BOYS & GIRLS GROUPS – this is just a chance to get together. We pick different activities every time and occasionally we just like to chill!
We believe that young carers play a special role in caring for others, but that often means having to grow up fast! Caring for someone can sometimes leave young carers feeling stressed, tired and alone, with little time for themselves and lots of responsibilities.
With all this going on we believe that it is really important that young carers are able to enjoy themselves and feel a sense of achievement in all that they do. At the Young Carers Project we are committed to providing a friendly and understanding service, supporting you whilst young carers make a positive contribution to the lives of others.
Anyone can contact us to find out more information, please visit our website or give us a call on: Tel: 020 8649 9339
National organisations providing support for young carers are listed below: